At the British Science Festival, the safety of our audiences, staff, and speakers is our highest priority. When attending our events, you can be confident that we are following guidelines from the Government, industry, and specialist consultants to ensure that our events and premises are safe for all.
In the weeks leading up to the Festival, we will be closely reviewing Government guidance and updating our plans for delivering a COVID-safe Festival.
Please make sure to check this page closer to September, so you can know what to expect when on site at the British Science Festival.
In the meantime
While we are monitoring the transition to step 4 of the Government’s COVID-19 roadmap, we are taking measures to ensure your safety and wellbeing at the Festival. We are:
- Moving a large part of the Festival programme outdoors;
- Ensuring all indoor venues are well-ventilated and allow for social distancing;
- Putting in place sanitising stations and enhanced cleaning schedules;
- Training our staff on COVID-19 safety;
- Restricting the capacity of our events;
- Enabling a waiting list functionality on our website for sold out events, which will automatically notify you if we release more tickets;
- Allowing tickets to be booked by individuals or in groups that can be seated in social distance (1m+) from other attendees;
- Creating online content, such as the Award Lecture Winners video series and The Peregrine – Audio Escape Trail.
Please be aware that, if there is a significant change in the risk to public health, additional measures might need to come in place and some of our events may need to be changed, go ahead at reduced capacity, or be cancelled at short notice. All ticket holders will be emailed as soon as possible in case of this taking place.
We appreciate your help and support in keeping the rest of the audience, our staff, and our speakers safe. If you have booked a ticket, we will email you with relevant updates closer to the time.